New Forum

Talk about stuff

Moderator: tor528

New Forum

Postby netizen » Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:40 am

Since myspace is kind of dieing and facebook is kind of fucking lame what does everyone think about restarting the forum?

Any ideas for forum topics would be nice. This forum is realllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllly dead and realllllllllllllllllllly obsolete as far as PHPBB goes. Its practically impossible to upgrade to the newest version.

I could try and import user accounts and maybe some forum posts but it would be a significant effort.

However I'd like to make this forum more active so we can keep in touch better because myspace and facebook just are not doing it for us.

On a side note, would anybody be interested in an ftp for us to upload shit to my webhost. I've got unlimited bandwidth and disk space now... we should use it.
A company cannot compete against the first who has achieved perfection.
netizen
Your Fearless Leader Since 1986!

Postby legoracer18 » Sat Mar 13, 2010 7:05 am

I'm still watching for anything new to pop up, but i usually don't have anything new to put up here.
He-Man Women-Haters Club Member.

My Website.
legoracer18
Just Your Average Mormon

Postby Bodo » Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:40 am

legoracer18 wrote:I'm still watching for anything new to pop up, but i usually don't have anything new to put up here.
"Surgery in an opera? How wonderfully decadent, and just as I was beginning to lose interest. Jombey! The chocolate icing! Oh! Oh, my!"

-Hedonism Bot (Futurama)
Bodo
Capitalist Pig

Postby netizen » Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:59 pm

Yeah, but still the phpbb software on this forum is hopelessly out of date.

Its *still* being flooded with spam users and I've only managed to stop it by disabling auto-confirmation... so instead this fucking board sends me about a metric assload of emails asking for user confirmations for spambots.

I'd like to put an end to that, but it may mean we would lose some stuff here and kinda sorta have to restart the board.

oh and lan party friday btw.
A company cannot compete against the first who has achieved perfection.
netizen
Your Fearless Leader Since 1986!

Return to General Chat